Why do you choose to produce your candles out of soy wax? This is a question that is frequently asked.
People sometimes remark that products made with soy wax are more expensive than, for example, paraffin wax products, which is correct when taken at face value. However, if you look into it a little further, you’ll quickly discover that the cost reductions come at the expense of something else.
To put it another way, soy wax is superior. Better for the atmosphere, better for the house, better for the family, and develops a product that performs better, all of which are important to us.
Soy wax is truly a very new product. It is derived from soybeans, as its name says, soy wax is one hundred percent natural, one hundred percent renewable, and one hundred percent beneficial to the environment. To put it another way, it lives up to its name. On the other hand, paraffin wax is produced as a by-product during the refining process for petroleum oil. As a result, it is not a renewable resource and is not kind to the environment.
Soy wax is a great alternative to traditional Waxes. It’s environmentally friendly, and it’s also vegan. Plus, soy wax smells great! You can buy soy wax in either solid or liquid form. The downside is that soy wax isn’t as effective as traditional waxes when it comes to removing hair. But if you’re looking for an environmental friendly option, soy wax is a great choice.
The following is a list of the top seven reasons why we favor soy wax over paraffin wax; however, if you are aware of any other benefits or drawbacks, we would love to hear about them:
- A Longer Burning Time – Since soy wax has a lower melting point than paraffin wax, candles made with soy wax can burn up to fifty percent longer than those made with paraffin wax.
- Non-Toxic: Since soy wax is produced from vegetable oil, it burns cleanly and does not produce any known carcinogens during the combustion process.
- A Better Scent Because the wax melts at a lower temperature, a healthier “wax pool” is generated around the wick, which contributes to a better scent. This “wax pool” enables the fragrance oils to vaporize more easily, which results in a greater amount of aroma being released into the home.
- Source of Renewable Energy Soybeans are a resource that is environmentally benign, in addition to being sustainable and renewable.
- Easier to clean up after use Because soy wax is biodegradable, it is much simpler to remove spills of it from fabrics or tablecloths; all that is required is a simple wipe, and the wax will be gone. It is also possible to apply soy wax directly to the skin (although you should always perform a patch test beforehand); doing so will leave your skin smelling heavenly and feeling refreshed.
- Soy is a clean-burning fuel, which means it produces very little soot during the combustion process.
- As a treatment for the skin, light your candle for about half an hour to an hour and a half before applying a small amount to your skin. Apply with your fingertips and gently massage into your skin using circular motions. If more is required, add some more. Your skin will feel revitalized and hydrated as if you’ve just stepped out of a luxurious spa, yet you’ll still be in the comfort of your own home, which is especially important during the lockdown.