You can make chicken cabbage meal for lunch, of course. It’s even more natural for people to eat cabbage over the day. But these meals are keeping me in the evening. For several reasons:
I am very late to return from work, and if I do not have something saved, I’m late with dinner.
Do not always have the strength to prepare foods in the evening. After a busy day, I like the most “on a spoon.” Soul food.
Looking for nutritious ingredients, that are low in carbs, higher in vitamins, cook fast and pair well with protein like chicken breast in this recipe has been my top priority.
It appears that cabbage is not only great for salads and slaws, but also tastes amazing when sauteed, baked (you need to do it properly, so it doesn’t burn) or even added to soups.
Cabbage can always last for days, and you have not cooked in the evening. If I do not have time to prepare, I find it easier to get lunch than for dinner. It knows lately to be a problem. This one day I take a little time, and the next three are calm.
Each house has its way of preparing chicken cabbage. You can fry meat a little before placing ingredients, and you don’t have to. It’s all up to your taste.
- One Chicken breast
- One head green cabbage shredded
- One tbsp olive oil
- One onion
- sea salt
- black pepper
- celery leaves and stems
- chili flakes
- ground paprika
- Cut chicken breast into strips or cubes and insert it into the pot.
- Fry it with onion and olive oil.
- Add about one tablespoon grounded paprika and add cored and chopped cabbage.
- Add leaves of celery, salt, pepper, grounded paprika, and chili flakes. You can also insert a bay leaf or whatever you like.
- Pour chicken cabbage with water; you do not have to add a lot of it, because the cabbage will release water. And let the cooker do it yourself.
And what is still good about cabbage – so that you do not have to take care of the amount of meat with it. One of the rules of the chrono diet is that thermally processed vegetables should take up less space in the meat plate. This rule does not apply when it comes to cabbage vegetables; then meat can have much less. And those who are not big carnivores will be happy.